What value does it bring to your set?
• Makes the actors feel safe and ensures their boundaries are respected.
• Protects you from lawsuits
• Helps you make your day
• Keeps you compliant with unions and guild
• Keeps actors focused, safe and happy
• Achieve believable depictions of intimacy
What does an Intimacy Coordinator do?
I work alongside casting directors, showrunners, producers, director and crew.
My services are adaptive to each project. I can provide:
• Script review - flag scenes that need coordination
• Pre-pro, Assist casting, Nudity riders, Gauge talent's boundaries before they are cast.
• On-set support, Modesty garments, Closed set.
• Post-production sign off on contract riders
• Aftercare when needed
This is the ground floor of a new crew position. The entertainment community has spoken out, and I am responding to a demand in the industry for change. Affirmative consent is a critical component of a safe workplace environment for actors performing hyper-exposed work. I am here to address the needs and create opportunities for the critical conversations that are the difference between actors walking away happy and feeling angry or exploited.
My experience gives me a passion for protecting artists at work. My background gives me the creative skills to construct options to present to the director or to work with the director to achieve their vision with consenting talent.